Friday, September 18, 2009

Rainy Pass Part 1






I had the opportunity to visit a friend (Danielle) who is working in a geological survey camp in Rainy pass, right down the trail from Rainy Pass Lodge. I flew Danielle's sister Donica up to visit for the day and to check out the area. The whole Rainy Pass area is amazing. Large, expansive glacier cut valleys littered with fall colors and jagged Alaska range peaks dominate the flight up from Soldotna. Every time I venture farther north or west, or wherever it may be, I realize how much I'm missing. There is SO much Alaska to see that when I think I have a pretty good grasp on what is up here, I have a trip like this that completely changes my perspective. We are truly lucky to be up here! More pics to come....

1 comment:

Danielle Severson said...

These pics are amazing Josh. You captured the essence so well. Thanks again for coming out!