Sunday, November 22, 2009

Holding on to my garden veggies


Amanda posted on roasting root vegetable HERE , and her's came out looking so tasty I thought i should give it a go. Last week I used olive oil, oregano and a bit of salt and pepper. This time I used more of the same and a bit of thyme. I chunk up a yam and 2 bell peppers , 1 red,1 green from the store. Next I chop red and yukon golds from the garden, along with 4 large onions from the garden. My favorite part are the carrots. These carrots have been a long running narrative this fall as they seem to just keep going and going. I pulled the last ones right before our first snow and they were doing great! SO, I ended up with a load of carrots that all taste amazing roasted!!! Like the yams, they take on a really sweet earthy flavor. So, i throw the veggies in a ziploc and in goes the oil and herbs, mix around, and roast in their little foil pouch. With 10 minutes left I will usually remove the top foil and allow the veggies to see a little direct heat for a bit, this sort of sears them and helps to slightly carmalize the onions. Tasty tasty tasty

Cheers,

Josh

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm starved reading about your veggies. That long Alaska light does wonders for the veggies, doesn't it. Mine are pathetic.