Tuesday, January 6, 2009

When other people fly your plane....




I have only let two other people fly my plane, Mike and Shawn. Both are ten times the pilot I am but nevertheless I always get nervous when it takes off and I'm not in it. Yesterday Shawn and I were troubleshooting my electrical problems and it was just easier for him to fly it and see for himself. Luckily the problem showed up when he was flying it so he could see what was happening rather than me relating it to him secondhand. Airplanes are a very simple machine, yet everything is crammed into such an odd structure that it sometimes makes things hard to trace out and troubleshoot. Hopefully the fix will be complete tomorrow. Still 20 below.
cheers,
josh

1 comment:

CLB said...

Josh what is up? Just read through your blog for about 20 minutes...so much good stuff, glad to hear that you're making the most of the winter and your plane! Doesn't sound like you'll be going back to an English teacher's salary anytime soon huh!

Thanks for the health update too, although it is not good news by any stretch of the imagination, there must be some consolation in knowing what the specifics finally are and knowing when you're still young and have the rest of your life ahead!

Let's chat one of these days...take care...