Sunday, December 21, 2008

Shortest Day





Sometimes you just get lucky. I went for a quick shakedown flight today to confirm that a few things were still askew with my avionics equipment. I climbed out of Soldotna and dialed in a route on the GPS to Mike's cabin across the inlet. As I passed through 2000 feet I could tell that my radio and electrical problems were still an issue so I decided on a shorter flight out to a friends house in Nikiski rather than over the inlet. The sun was hidden behind some high clouds acting as a filter and there was a layer of fog about halfway across the inlet that looked like it would shoot pretty well so I took a few photo's looking south/southeast toward the alaska peninsula/Iliamna.
cheers,
josh

1 comment:

Alaska Massey said...

Great shots. Love the images you have been capturing lately. Keep up the good work. ~Erik